At the OPSEU Pension Trust (OPTrust), we are here to serve you. With invested assets of $11 billion, we manage one of Canada's largest pension funds and administer the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with more than 82,000 members and retirees.
Our mandate includes three key objectives:
- Generating the investment returns needed to support the Plan's pension promise
- Delivering the finest service and communications to our members and pensioners
- Ensuring that you have a real voice in your pension plan through joint trusteeship
With invested assets of $11 billion, the OPSEU Pension Trust (OPTrust) manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with more than 82,000 members and retirees.
- Our funding valuation for 2005-2007 identified gains of $841 million, eliminating the Plan's previous deficit and increasing the contribution rate stabilization funds to $938 million at year-end.
- The Plan experienced an investment loss of 16.2%, compared to our weighted benchmark return of -16.8% in a year of sharp declines for stock markets worldwide.
- OPTrust adopted a comprehensive funding policy to ensure the long-term security of your pension and help keep contribution rates stable.