OPTrust Career Opportunities
Who Serve Ontario
...through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets of $16 billion, the OPSEU Pension Trust (OPTrust) invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds, serving more than 84,000 members and retirees.
Executive Assistant to the SVP Actuarial Services, Plan Policy & Human Resources
The Executive Assistant will provide confidential assistance to the SVP by carrying out coordination, liaison, research, delegated functions and general administrative duties.
- Schedule and co-ordinate internal and external meetings including preparation of agendas, arranging for guest speakers and coordinating materials for distribution.
- Liaise with the OPTrust Executive team and other management staff, Trustees and other contacts to arrange meetings, and to obtain or provide information on behalf of the SVP.
- Attend team meetings, take minutes and follow up on actions to be taken.
- Screen telephone calls, mail and visitors for the SVP, handling inquiries, or alerting the SVP as appropriate. Share access to email and respond to inquiries or provide input as appropriate.
- Conduct investigations, research and analysis in support of matters of concern to the SVP. Prepare summaries with recommendations for presentation as required.
- Provide administrative support by making travel arrangements as necessary, keeping track of appointment / meeting schedule.
- Create and produce documents and presentations on topics as requested.
- Post secondary education; degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in an Executive Assistant role.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good judgment and discretion and ability to keep matters confidential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) knowledge.
- Proficient at multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to be accessible or work on evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high level of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage work relationships on behalf of the Senior Executives.
- Strong organizational skills including management of the Senior Executives’ calendar.
- Presents a professional demeanor to provide a good impression of OPTrust.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to email@example.com by February 4, 2015.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.