Who Serve Ontario
...Through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets under management exceeding $13.7 billion, OPTrust manages one of Canada's largest pension plans, serving almost 84,000 members and pensioners.
Financial Accountant, Alternative Investments
(Contract Position - 1 Year)
This position is responsible for the coordination and receipt of financial investment information, and completing standard monthly and quarterly accounting, analysis and reporting for OPTrust’s real estate investments using Yardi (real estate), Oracle Financials and other systems.
This role will support the Manager in Investment Finance, along with their other colleagues in the completion of investment-related accounting, financial reporting and reconciliation activities. In addition, this role will also assist with project related work associated with the upgrade of Oracle Financials and other potential systems and process enhancements associated with the real estate finance functions.
The incumbent will liaise and work with various stakeholders including the front office investment staff, investment managers, auditors and other external consultants (e.g. external systems developers, valuation consultants, etc.). Due to the nature of the financial information, strict confidentiality of the data will be required to be adhered to at all times.
- a university or college education specialized in finance, commerce and/or investments and related real estate business experience of 2-3 years obtained by working in a pension fund or related financial services company. The preferred candidate should be pursuing an accounting designation or related investment designation (CFA, CBV, etc.).
- demonstrated experience with various financial software (Oracle, Yardi, Hyperion, etc.)
- demonstrated organizational skills to effectively balance multiple tasks and prioritize work
- proven track record of value added customer service and problem resolution through initiative and creativity
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- enthusiasm, commitment to the job to support team goals and organizational values of teamwork, with emphasis on cooperation and mutual respect
- strong mathematical and analytical skills with the aptitude to learn quickly
- high level of proficiency in working with Microsoft Office
Interested individuals are encouraged to e-mail or forward their resume along with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions: March 8, 2013.
Read about security on our site