Who Serve Ontario
...Through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets under management exceeding $13.7 billion, OPTrust manages one of Canada's largest pension plans, serving almost 84,000 members and pensioners.
(Contract position - 6 months)
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting, this position is required to backfill the following roles on a rotating basis:
- deposit cheques on a daily basis and input of related journal entries
- perform weekly and monthly contributions and receivables reconciliation
- follow up on all outstanding contributions and other receivables
- provide accounting and financial analysis services related to the custody and complete and accurate recording of all incoming contributions from government payroll and chargeback systems, plan members, plan sponsors as well as transfers from other pension plans.
- process invoice and expense payments and accruals in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- review supporting documentation for proper authorization and compliance with OPTrust policies
- perform monthly close of Accounts Payable in a timely manner
- perform banks and payables reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- provide analysis and support to the Oracle R12 upgrade project.
- a university or college education with specialized financial reporting/accounting education
- knowledge of general accounting principles and practices in the areas of A/P and A/R
- minimum 3 to 5 years of related work experience with key control reconciliations
- knowledge of accounting requirements of the OPSEU Pension Plan text to ensure transactions are processed accordingly and to provide assistance to ministries/agencies is an advantage
- proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel; knowledge of Oracle Financials is an advantage
- organizational skills to deal with priorities in a deadline oriented environment
- pral and written communication skills to provide information, discuss and resolve problems with ministries/agencies as well as communicate effectively with team members and other OPTrust staff.
To explore this opportunity further, please e-mail your resume along with a brief cover letter in confidence to email@example.com , no later than May 9, 2013.
Read about security on our site