Who Serve Ontario
...Through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets under management exceeding $13.7 billion, OPTrust manages one of Canada's largest pension plans, serving almost 84,000 members and pensioners.
Pension Benefits Consultants
This position provides efficient, complete and accurate service to members and pensioners of the OPSEU Pension Trust by processing all types of pension transactions, verifying pension transactions and providing information and assistance, all within provisions of OPSEU Pension Plan text, established service levels, policies and procedures.
- experience in pension plan administration, Pension Benefits Act, the Family Law Act, federal statutes such as Employment Insurance, CPP and the Income Tax Act
- proficient in computerized data base systems and related software applications to process pension cases in a fast-paced work setting
- analytical/problem-solving skills to resolve discrepancies and take appropriate action as well as generate ideas to improve work procedures and efficiency
- good numeric skills to verify cases and calculate accurate entitlements, payments and deductions
- excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with members, employers and OPTrust staff in acquiring information, explaining OPTrust policies and procedures and resolving pension cases
- high degree of organizational ability, flexibility and initiative to work independently and as an effective team member
- enrolment in the CEBS program or PPAC is a definite asset.
To explore this opportunity further, please e-mail your resume along with a brief cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than May 21, 2013.
Read about security on our site