Who Serve Ontario
...Through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets under management exceeding $13.7 billion, OPTrust manages one of Canada's largest pension plans, serving almost 84,000 members and pensioners.
Senior Investment Applications Analyst
This position is responsible for taking a broad technical perspective in the development, implementation and operation of investment systems. This role requires an in-depth understanding of OPTrust’s investment systems with sensitivity to how changes in processes and data may affect downstream users. This role also has responsibility for the operational control of OPTrust‘s Eagle PACE system, including managing and maintaining data inputs from external sources and developing reports to support reporting, research and analysis in the Investment Division.
The qualified individual will have relevant post-secondary education in information technology, mathematics or a related field along with the following qualifications:
- experience with portfolio management, trading and/or compliance systems
- post-secondary education in information technology, mathematics or a related field
- knowledge of database systems operations and use, spreadsheet applications, language and products designed to resolve complex data problems, redesign work processes/procedures. Sound understanding of relational database concepts.
- knowledge of data warehousing concepts or relational databases
- familiarity with investment data and terminology
- programming experience (Crystal, Visual Basic, .NET, Oracle PL/SQL)
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent written communication and report writing skills
- strong project management or leadership skills
- organization skills in order to balance workload and set priorities
- ability to communicate effectively with external data providers, including the custodian bank and investment managers, as well as internal investment staff and technical personnel at OPTrust.
Interested individuals are encouraged to e-mail or forward their resume along with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions: January 17, 2013.
Read about security on our site