Who Serve Ontario
...Through integrity, knowledge and service
With assets under management exceeding $14.7 billion, OPTrust manages one of Canada's largest pension plans, serving almost 84,000 members and pensioners.
Senior Project Leader
This position is responsible for providing leadership for projects which can be complex and cost significant in nature. By teaming up with the project sponsor, the Senior Project Leader will have enhanced accountability to deliver on projects. The incumbent will plan and lead each project resolving issues as they arise, creating and monitoring internal and external communications for the projects as well as reporting to senior management and clients. This position is also responsible for providing technical expertise in all aspects of project management and coordinating the review and redesign of work processes, and the development and defining of product specifications. Expertise in the area of influence and communications is also critical in this role.
- to complement your post secondary education, you possess 3 to 5 years of working knowledge in leading large scope multidivisional projects
- strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team of individuals towards a common goal
- strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills necessary to meet multiple project timelines
- excellent verbal and written communications skills; including demonstrated ability to prepare accurate and timely reports to management, deliver clear and precise presentations, prepare effective training materials, lead training sessions and/or provide one-on-one assistance
- excellent negotiation and inter-personal skills with a proven track record as an effective team player
- Project Management designation or completion of project management program is required
- solid experience applying the project management methodology recommended by the Project Management Institute is an asset to have
- expert knowledge on Microsoft Project is required
- experience in business process mapping and modeling; working knowledge of information systems concepts for work-based applications; testing experience including planning, leading and conducting
- experience with analysis of work requirements for application development and user test plans
- work process design experience, in particular in the development of options and the analysis and recommendations among various options
- comprehensive knowledge of finance, accounting, or pension administration are good assets to have.
If you are a proactive, independent individual with proven decision making capabilities and excellent project management skills, this position is for you. To explore this opportunity further, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 11, 2013.
Read about security on our site