Potential Service Disruption at Canada PostPosted: September 14, 2018
We want you to know that OPTrust is prepared.
In the event of a postal disruption, there are a number of options for our members:
- It’s a good time to consider signing up for direct deposit for your pension payment – OPTrust bears the cost so it’s a free service to you. Call us to discuss the best way to send us your banking information so we can get this set up immediately for you.
- Cheques for pension and other payments can be picked up at our office, if you’re in the Greater Toronto Area. You will need to contact us to pre-arrange a pick-up date and time, and will need to bring two pieces of government issued, photo ID.
- Confidential documents can be sent and received through secure messaging in your Online Services account
- Buyback payments can be made through online banking – just like any other bill payment. If you are registered for online banking with a Canadian financial institution, you can complete your buyback payment(s) directly from your bank account. Add OPSEU Pension Trust as a payee under “Pay Bills” and use your OPTrust ID as the account number.
- Contact OPTrust to make alternate arrangements or if you have questions about your confidential documents and transactions and none of the above works for you.