OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Actuarial Services and Plan Policy
The Actuarial Analyst supports the Sr Actuarial Advisors in providing actuarial services and analysis to Actuarial Services, Plan Policy and Member Experience. The successful candidate will maintain data management business processes and will assist with system implementation and enhancement operations. This position also assists with conducting internal actuarial valuations and benefit costing analysis.
- Work with Sr Actuarial Advisors in conducting internal funding, solvency, windup and accounting valuations for the OPSEU Pension Plan
- Assist with preparation of projects/reports, ad-hoc benefit costings
- Liaise with business partners on routine matters
- Analyze output to validate actuarial models
- Assist in the design, maintenance, and improvement of actuarial models
- Maintain spreadsheets to assist the administration process for Member Experience
- Assist with providing final review and calculation of commuted values and pension entitlements for terminations, transfers, deaths and other special calculations
- Responsible for the review of certain complex administration calculations including marriage breakdown
- Provide technical support in the development of specifications, standalone calculators and testing for systems implementation
- 1– 3 years’ experience in pension management/administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science
- Successful completion of two Actuarial exams
- Actively working towards Associate or Fellow designation
- Working knowledge of legislation, including the Pension Benefits Act and the Income Tax Act
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ProVal considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player, able to deal effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (OPTrust management, service providers, members, OPTrust staff).
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.