OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Analyst, Planning and Control
Planning & Control (IT, Program Delivery & Business Support)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the IT Technical Change Management process, executing the annual IT external audit activities, and organizing, reviewing and analyzing major IT processes. The incumbent will develop IT General Controls (ITGC) compliance review programs, maintain and regularly review process flows and documentation, identify internal gaps in business processes and procedures or systems that should be remediated / changed, and monitor the remediation of control deficiencies.
- Be the point of contact between the external auditors and IT, organize and oversee audit activities including but not limited to collecting evidence, explaining business processes, performing audit test and proposing remediation action plans
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and communication of the ITGC related policies, procedures, and programs, and performing ongoing review to be consistent with actual practices
- Responsible for the review, development, evaluation, maintenance and the implementation of IT General Controls, and business controls in collaboration with the incumbent’s manager to ensure the proper cadence and review are being adhered to as well as to ensure the controls are within corporate objectives and meet the government mandated standards
- Implementing the change management process, including organizing the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, reviewing and analyzing Request For Change (RFC), communications, stakeholder engagement, business processes and training plans, identify risks, and devise contingency plans, as required
- Plan and conduct regular internal audits of information systems, applications, and the IT processes, prepare working papers to document the work performed to ensure that appropriate controls exist, and that information produced by the system is accurate
- Prepare reports and recommendations for management on the results of information systems audits.
- Advise others on internal controls and security procedures
- Responsible for tracking all vendor agreements and documentation and the measurement of vendor performance against SLAs to ensure contractual terms are met and continuous improvement
- Responsible for managing the IT and Project Management Office (PMO) resource database
- Responsible for resource capacity analysis in support of new business/project initiatives underway. The incumbent will work with the department and project leaders to ensure the proper balance of PMO resources
- Facilitate operational activities, communicate procedures and engage vendors where applicable
- Prepare and deliver IT/PMO divisional performance reporting
- Responsible for researching leading edge technologies, technology standards and best practices to identify process improvement opportunities under IT and PMO
- Demonstrated experience in IT audit, project management, IT governance, risk, and compliance, contract management, specifically in developing IT policies, procedures and audit work programs
- Excellent knowledge of planning and documentation in an IT environment; designing and managing Key Process Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) would be an asset
- Strong technical knowledge of IT platforms, programming, application testing, networks, operating systems, databases, security, privacy and business applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with traditional database technology (i.e. SQL), database design & architecture, and a fundamental understanding of data flow and handling. Oracle EBS Database experience is an asset
- Exceptional proficiency with document and records management software, preferably Content Server and Office 365 (e.g. OneDrive, SharePoint, Flow, Visio, PowerApps, Project)
- Strong understanding of the IT infrastructure and functions with exceptional data analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, and possess a practical problem-solving approach to everyday matters
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of pension, finance and investment processes is an asset
- Post-secondary education in IT and related field
- 3 – 5 years of direct experience in an IT audit function or business/corporate IT functions in consultative or professional services environments.
- 4+ years’ work experience in an IT environment on change management, access management, system development or other IT operational activities with a focus on compliance and business controls (SOX compliance is an asset)
- Designation in relevant audit or industry standard certifications (e.g. CISA, CIA, CPA, CISSP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer/Auditor) is required
- Experience auditing large enterprise IT implementations with knowledge of project methodologies, project controls and ability to effectively work with cross functional project teams
- Knowledge of COBIT, COSO framework, SOC 2, ISO 27001 and ITIL Foundations would be an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by August 22nd, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.