OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Business Support Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing activities related to business process re-engineering and gathering new business requirements, as well as executing user acceptance testing and training. The analyst will also provide project leadership for projects more routine in nature and provide business and technical application support.
- Conduct research to determine best practices for work processes and make recommendations to the user group as to how the processes can be improved.
- Organize and lead work process review, and redesign meetings to arrive at decisions.
- Conducting research for the development and defining of product specifications.
- Identify deficiencies in the specifications and in existing products that could affect the functionality of the product, and introduce potential issues into the work processes.
- Document deficiencies and provide recommendations to address them for review and approval of Management.
- Execute all user acceptance testing activities; conduct analysis of issues identified in testing, documenting any system problems and discuss such problems with appropriate parties to advise of issues, recommend corrective measures and follow through.
- Develop and conduct user training sessions and coordinate training activities with the users along with communication to the managers.
- Provide project leadership from concept to implementation for more routine projects by carrying out project control activities, developing plans and schedules, and ensuring the project is executed in accordance with the OPTrust project management methodology.
- Assess and accurately define and address issues and risks; employ effective strategies to proactively mitigate risks and facilitate resolution of problems and issues.
- Provide application support by analyzing production issues, identifying solutions, communicating issues to the developer, and preparing work-arounds as required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Business re-engineering experience and completion of a business re-engineering program or course is an asset.
- Proven experience preparing process maps and workflows.
- Strong judgement, analytical and project leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, conceptualize and think creatively.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven track record as an effective team player and contributor, and participation in consultative processes.
- Proven ability to prepare effective training materials, lead training sessions and one-on-one support.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is desirable.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.