OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with over 92,000 members and retirees.
Director, Enterprise Data
The Director, Enterprise Data Group (EDG), is responsible for the management and execution of OPTrust’s data strategy. In this role, the incumbent is responsible for all data solutions / programs enterprise wide, to ensure data assets are optimized to deliver digital utility and other business objectives. The main function of the role is to develop, organize and execute OPTrust’s data and analytics road map and to act as the primary advocate.
- Helps build strategic direction for enterprise wide data and analytics initiatives
- Develop data standards and methodologies based on industry standards and best practices ensuring accurate and reliable data integrity within and between database systems using standardized data governance policies and procedures
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement by making recommendations and to inspire change across mulitple levels of the organization
- Provide leadership and oversight to the EDG in large scale, high risk initiatives involving multiple domains
- Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage sustainable data governance efforts and support socialization of data programs across levels
- Develop and deliver Best Practices in Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) and Reporting services, Data Architecture and cloud based solutions
- Leads enterprise projects and initiatives associated with critical business functions
- Partner with key stakeholders in planning and implementing their data strategy ensuring alignment and continuity
- Responsible for the documentation of data architecture and its environments
- Provide up-to-date industry standards subject matter expertise on data management, architecture and design, as well as ensuring OPTrust meets its regulatory requirements
- Liaise with vendors and service providers with the selection of products and/ or services that best meet company goals
- Drive stakeholder relationships by aligning buisness and technology
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering and / or relevant industry experience. Advanced technical degree or MBA preferred
- Over 10 years of data related governance, data management or data architect experience; and at least 5 years’ experience in cloud based and big data technologies in the Financial Services, Investment and / or in the Pension industry
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis
- Excellent knowledge and vast experience in the implementation of enterprise data management processes, and procedures
- In depth understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Must have 5 + years data modelling experience in conceptual, logical, physical, normal forms, dimensional; Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and relational data modeling
- Must have 5 + years data management experience in Metadata repository, Master Data Management (MDM), knowledge of best practices and trends
- Strong understanding of enterprise repository, data modeling, data mapping, and data quality tools.
- 5 years expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies
- Experience with database platforms, including Oracle, SQL Server and on the cloud including IaaS and PaaS solutions
- Strong knowledge of data processing flowcharting techniques, business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and strong management experience
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Process oriented, focused on standardization, streamlining and implementation of best practices
- Superior problem-solving skills and results oriented
- Highly proficient in MS Office products
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills in a user-friendly manner
- Possess a strong team-oriented, and collaborative focus
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.