OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with over 92,000 members and retirees.
Financial Accounting Analyst
This position will support the finance business partners by providing financial and accounting analyses in addition to reporting and reconciliation. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with superior analytical, report writing and communication skills to join our team. If this is you, please read on to find out more about the opportunity.
- Provide financial reporting and analytical support
- Creating standard and other ad-hoc management reports
- Assist in the periodic forecast and annual budget process
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports as required.
- Provide support for the monthly reporting and analysis process.
- Assist with special projects as they arise.
- Post-secondary education; specialty in Finance, business or related area is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma and evidence of progressive development in a finance discipline.
- CPA designation is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 to 4 years of experience and knowledge of financial processing procedures preferably in financial/pension/investment services environment.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials and Hyperion is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in report writing and analytical skills.
- Analytical and mathematical skills to identify information anomalies, identify their causes and recommend solutions.
- Ability to think proactively, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational skills, thoroughness, attention to detail.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.