OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
As part of Member Experience, you will use your positive attitude, caring nature and strong customer disposition to make an impact on our members’ day by providing administrative support to staff on the Member Experience teams; ensuring all correspondence is imaged and indexed accurately for future reference, performing basic pension processing and responding to internal and external clients, all within established standards.
- Review all incoming correspondence arriving by mail, electronic message, fax, or walk-in clients and open applicable processing case in the workflow management application.
- Ensure all documents are scanned and indexed into the document imaging system and maintain scanning records.
- Process basic member transactions, such as new member enrolments, pension beneficiary updates, retirement date estimates, general correspondence and information updates for members, and any related follow-up.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information by telephone, in writing or other media.
- Assist in the ongoing review of operational procedures to improve service to members.
- Support role for the Member Experience teams, with responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary education.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and/or Excel), business software applications, client databases and document imaging software.
- Exceptional customer service approach and interpersonal skills to meet established service levels and deal with members with sensitivity and tact.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to communicate pension plan information to members in a way that is clearly understood.
- Strong organizational skills to handle varying volumes of work and to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Positive attitude towards work and colleagues to support team goals and organization values of strong teamwork, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Numeracy skills to understand formula calculations.
- Ability to identify problem areas when communicating with members and to take appropriate action
What will you gain from working with us:
- A general knowledge of pension plan administration to identify, sort, scan, index client information and process pension transactions.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures to communicate Plan information clearly and concisely to members and to complete assigned case processing.
- We support your development by providing you with on the job training, opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career (we love promoting from within).
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by November 21, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.