OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Pension Benefits Consultants
Permanent/ Contract assignments
The Pension Benefits Consultant works in a team environment as part of OPTrust’s frontline customer care team. The successful candidate will be part of a team within Member Experience that manages an inbound queue line and provides service excellence to members, demonstrating outstanding and timely interaction in all dealings. Training will be provided for pension administration and customer service, and you will participate in OPTrust's orientation program for new employees.
- Communicate the benefits of the OPSEU Pension Plan and provide information to members and potential members mostly by telephone and in writing. Ensure understanding so that members can make informed decisions.
- Become knowledgeable in all areas required to provide excellent service to members, including plan provisions, pension legislation, pension entitlements and other benefits of the OPSEU Pension Plan, and annual pension statements.
- Learn to process the full array of pension transactions, and manage a caseload within standard service levels, benchmarks and timeframes.
- Minimum 3 years client service experience, with strong client service orientation to meet established service levels and communicate with members with sensitivity and tact.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with members by phone.
- Superb interpersonal skills to build relationships with members, employers and other OPTrust team members, to explain OPTrust policies and procedures and to resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, generate ideas to improve work procedures and contribute to an environment that fosters growth, development and innovation.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and initiative to work as an effective team member and independently.
- Good numeric skills to ensure accuracy in calculations of pension entitlements, payments and deductions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office as well as the adaptability to learn all in-house systems.
- Analytical skills to resolve discrepancies, able to take appropriate action as required.
- Experience in financial services or pension plan administration a definite asset.
- Enrollment in the CEBS program or PPAC is a definite asset.
We are looking for an outgoing, dedicated, innovative and adaptive individual with a desire to be a part of a team that provides “Service Excellence” through the provision of personal customer care, timely and accurate service.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.