OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with over 92,000 members and retirees.
Project Management Office
The successful candidate will work closely with Senior Project Leaders (SPL) and the business in executing projects. The role is responsible for preparing comprehensive project artifacts, the administration and organization of all project activities like scheduling, risk management and maintaining client duties while ensuring client needs are met as the project evolves. The Project Leader will also lead small to mid-size projects.
- Liaises with the business to identify and define requirements, scope, objectives and deliverables
- Works with the business to analyze risk and opportunities ensuring needs are met as projects evolve
- Prepares project schedules, resources, equipment, information and reports and ensures project management standards and requirements are met
- Works with business to prepare and monitor project budgets, project progress and escalate issues
- Provides support with the corporate annual planning and budget process for identifying business development initiatives and the ongoing process throughout the year
- Leads small to mid-size projects from inception to end, and takes full responsibility for the creation, monitoring and project governance
- Participate in the continuous refreshing of OPTrust’s project management methodology, as required and communicate changes to senior project leaders, project managers, and / or others as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post Secondary education in business or related field
- 1-3 years work experience as a project leader or similar role
- Project Management Professional (PMP) & Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong ability to work independently and or in a team enviornment
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project
- Experience in change management methodology is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving skills
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.