OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with over 92,000 members and retirees.
Working under the leadership of the Manager, Information Security, the Security Analyst safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems. The position works towards improving OPTrust’s information security posture.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards and assists the operational teams with deployment and maintenance of anti-virus, anti-malware, log management and inventory systems
- Actively participates with the technical operations of IT Security; participates in the threat/risk assessments of core infrastructure applications and systems
- Participates in incident response activities and related security activities to support the business
- Supports the currency of the information security plan as directed by the Manager, Information Security
- Keeps current with industry best practices by researching and evaluating emerging security related technologies
- Assists with operationalizing and maintaining processes and methodologies in support of implemented security technologies as defined by the Manager, Information Security
- Develops a stream of information security knowledge channel to stay on top of risk trends and cyber security events and constantly looks for vulnerability risks and cyberattacks
- Assesses emerging security threats and vulnerabilities and provides recommendations
- Assesses and makes recommendations to IT Security Management on policy, standards and procedures, encryption usage, training and education, security awareness, organizational issues, documentation, protection audit, protection testing, technical safeguards, physical security and incident response
- Assists with the implementation of access control and change management policy, standards, and guidelines
- Participates in the ongoing development of the Identity Access Management programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary certification and/or degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working in IT Security with sound knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and practices
- Experience in a financial services environment, BCP/DRP, and Access Control programs
- Understanding IT support requirements for investment and pension administration professionals
- Knowledge and experience in computer security best practices and technologies
- Application security testing experience with an understanding of application/network layer attacks
- Experience in conducting hands-on vulnerability and application security assessments
- Knowledge of security standards and models, including establishing procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with a solid judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to conceptualize, think creatively and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and independently
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.