OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Senior Pension Consultant
This position works directly with members and employers. The Senior Pension Consultant will manage and reconcile data, support employers, process pension transactions for members, communicate and educate members about their pension entitlements, verify transactions as required.
- Provides information to members regarding plan provisions, pension legislation, insured benefits, pension entitlements and options.
- Responsible for the timely analysis of data and the ability to process the full array of pension transactions.
- Accountable for the timely follow-up of inquiries, ensuring any research conducted be accurate, and up‑to‑date.
- Responsible for reconciling reports from the pension database to ensure data integrity and compliant with established internal controls.
- Works with employer representatives regarding data file interface processing, data reconciliation and general OPTrust communications efforts with employers.
- Participates in special projects aimed at improving the link between OPTrust and its employers or improving services to members.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams responsible for implementing new business systems and processes or procedures.
- Ensures all required documentation received is accurate and complete, applying knowledge of legislation and regulations to determine issues, problems, omissions and discrepancies, reconciling contribution and service information; contacting the Employer or applicant to clarify requests and/or obtain missing data.
- Verifying pension transactions processed by other processing staff reviewing such items as the eligibility under provisions of the Plan text, Pension Benefits Act and Income Tax regulations regarding transfer agreements and ensuring completion of other related documentation; checking documentation to ensure completeness and proper authorization and inclusion of all required documents.
- Identify and document trends in pension cases and suggest improved services to senior team members and Manager.
- Participate in project teams that review and/or develop procedures, data investigation, problem solving and admin system user support.
- Special project support: Actuarial Extract, LTIP with full membership historical analysis and data correction.
- 3 - 5 years’ pension administration experience with a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- PPAC enrollment 1 and 2 levels completed
- Excellent knowledge of pension plan administration, related legislation (e.g. specific requirements of the Pension Benefits Act, the Family Law Act and federal statutes such as C.P.P. and the Income Tax Act), the Plan provisions, established policies and procedures and other benefits arrangements
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated aptitude for client service excellence
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills
- Superior time management, organizational skills and can handle multiple task simultaneously with limited supervision
- Discretion and good judgement for dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the enthusiasm and commitment to support team goals and organizational values
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by May 16, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.