OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with over 92,000 members and retirees.
The mandate for this position is to provide, technical expertise and perform application development for selected applications that includes OPTrust Web-based applications driven by Oracle and MS databases. The position requires deep knowledge of middle-tier and front-end development.
- Provide specialized technical application support and expertise and services to OPTrust staff in their use of applications and/or business intelligence.
- Assist staff in the design and development of applications and reports when utilizing such tools as but not limited to web applications development, Microsoft Excel macros, Microsoft Access; analyze and correct problems encountered within these applications.
- Support and maintain internally developed applications, ensuring that all applications conform to the current IT development, security and environment standards.
- Participate in teams as a technical lead representing I.T. working with other OPTrust staff and other technical resources.
- Provide administrator support and system testing functions for corporate third-party tools and applications.
- Provide technical support for application infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of applications and reports to support the business processes by participating in the process of consulting users in order to understand and translate business procedures and requirements into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, systems test and implement applications and reports, as required, to meet user requirements.
- Ensure that the OPTrust IT development life cycle and other IT development related standards are adhered to.
- Provide gap and impact analysis on new initiatives with a focus on system interdependencies and integration.
- Develop documentation and guidelines as required for the use of OPTrust IT developed applications.
- Create batch scripts in a Windows environment to automate and control the execution of programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a ASP.NET, MVC and RESTful API development.
- Demonstrated advanced expertise in developing front-end applications using web libraries such as AngularJS and Bootstrap as well other web related technologies AJAX and JSON.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of pension, finance and investment processes would be an asset.
- Ability to multi task and manage tasks of varying complexity and priority.
- Ability to manage with an eye to proactively planning, in order to avoid bottlenecks and single points of failure as well as an awareness of capacity issues.
- Strong change management orientation including experience with promotion procedures.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by March 27, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.