OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Team Lead, Performance Measurement and Analytics
Using and maintaining various systems and analytics tools, this position is responsible for the generation and analysis of the OPTrust Total Fund performance and in overseeing and providing back-up for the performance generation and analysis of the asset classes that comprise the Total Fund. Additional responsibilities include the reporting of related benchmarks, other performance analytics and certain risk metrics. The role will also provide leadership, senior level analytical expertise, investment knowledge experience and act as back-up to support the Manager, Performance Measurement & Analytics in the monitoring, reporting and analyses of the investment portfolio’s performance/structure, as well as providing specialized performance measurement related research in support of Investment Division projects.
- Leadership role (team-lead) and direct responsibility for the timely review and oversight of reports generated by the Performance Measurement Analysts, as directed by Manager, Performance Measurement & Analytics to facilitate the following:
- Accurate calculation of standard and customized benchmark returns, at the aggregate and component level for input performance reports.
- Ensure that reasonability checks and established processes are completed and followed
- Conduct performance reconciliation between internally-generated performance and external control record
- Ensure that all performance reporting deadlines are met.
- Train and advise the Investment Performance Measurement Analysts in the accurate and timely preparation and production of performance & analytics reports
- Validate internal performance reports and summarize/analyze information for use by Investment Division management
- Calculate and maintain LTIP benchmark information for compensation analysis and assist in the construction of custom benchmarks
- Perform on an ad-hoc basis performance analysis, as required or requested by Manager, Investment Performance Measurement & Analytics for use in decision making; assist with special portfolio performance-related projects as they arise
- Participate in UAT testing for system upgrades/enhancements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with OPTrust staff and external relationship
- Lead/co-ordinate the maintenance and updating of policy and operational documentation
- Attend Management meetings with the Manager, Director and other related parties, as required
- University degree required (preferably in Business or Mathematics). CFA charter holder required and CIPM Designation preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in a financial institution at a senior analyst level assembling and delivering financial information related to performance reporting.
- Significant and relevant experience in security level performance measurement and analysis, with knowledge in alternative asset class and/or derivatives performance measurement and analysis, in addition to relevant experience in traditional asset classes
- Strong understanding of performance measurement and performance attribution methodologies
- Practical experience with various account and portfolio structures, and multi-asset class portfolios
- Excellent technical, quantitative and analytical skills; Demonstrated ability to perform complex calculations and analysis and to identify and resolve issues
- Exhibit high attention to detail; High level of reporting accuracy
- Excellent demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Strong ability to use automated reporting systems, MS Excel and other portfolio management applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of pension funds preferred
- Expert knowledge in Eagle Pace Performance Engine and Basic coding experience are required
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by November 21, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.