OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Team Leader, Enterprise Data Group
Enterprise Data Group
This position is responsible for leading, coaching and providing direction to Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists in all aspects of their role. The Team Leader is responsible for executing activities related to technical process reviews and re-engineering complex processes. Prepares technical documents which are more intricate and logistically challenging. Provides leadership to the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists on sophisticated projects by preparing documentation, schematics, and milestone delivery markers. Responsible for resolving complex systems and application issues.
- Works with significant independence and minimal direction from management:
- Primary function is a team lead and as first point of escalation to the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists
- Provides coaching, training, mentoring, and direction to Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Application Specialists
- Provides ongoing feedback on the quality of Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists output and skills development
- Develops standards and methodologies for technical analysis based on industry standards and best practices
- Directs the efforts of the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists on their role in large scale, high risk initiatives involving multiple domains
- Plans the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists efforts and oversees deliverables created by the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists on large scale initiatives for quality and accuracy
- Provides business and technical expertise and leads process reviews and redesign for complex technical processes:
- Conducts research to determine best practices for technical processes and making recommendations to the technical group as to how the processes can be improved
- Organizes and leads technical and system process reviews and prepares recommendation for management
- Leads technical and systems redesign meetings with technical teams for complex and multi-department initiatives
- Builds process maps, workflows, and other related documents
- Uses planning, influence and communication skills to ensure delivery of critical path items
- Employ effective strategies to proactively mitigate risks and facilitate resolution of problems and issues
- Delivers technical requirements for substantive initiatives with potential for high risk:
- Develops the template for technical requirements for initiatives
- Develops the technical risk and impact analysis for initiatives
- Performs research to self-educate and become familiarized with technical initiatives
- Delivers and leads meetings with multiple stakeholders and or multiple vendors for the purpose of gathering technical requirements and prepares documentation for related requirements
- Ability to influence and guide to ensure consensus reached among the technical teams
- Evaluates the input of stakeholders and other research with regard to the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed specifications. Applies expertise and guidance to influence technical teams and ensure positive outcome
- Reviews the technical specifications for initiatives to ensure it meets the requirements to deliver the end solution within the IT parameters
- Develops and presents post implementation evaluation reports for review and approval of management.
- Develops the capabilities of the Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists through informal and formal training based on training/developmental needs.
- Provides Technical Support:
- Analyzes and identifies impacts and risks of complex issues. Identifies solutions, and coordinates work effort to resolve issues, ensuring on-going communication occurs with all parties
- Assist Enterprise Data Specialists and Senior Enterprise Data Specialists by providing directions for resolving technical issues
- Act as a conduit between IT and stakeholders by ensuring that issues are addressed, documented and communicated to relevant parties
- Other duties as assigned:
- Acts as the liaison point with other IT teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field with experience leading complex end to end technical initiatives in an operational capacity
- 5+ years’ experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Expert proven technical analysis skills
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision, ability to conceptualize and think creatively, possessing critical thinking ability
- High degree of accountability
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven track record as an effective team player and contributor, and participation in consultative processes
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience participating in large-scope, high risk projects
- Proven experience preparing technical documentation
- Strong aptitude for using correct tools to deliver technical documentation and diagrams
- Solid project leadership skills
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Object oriented programming experience (e.g. using Java, J2EE, EJB, .NET, WebSphere, etc.).
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by August 27th, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.