OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
The mandate for this position is to provide project leadership, technical expertise and perform application development for applications and technologies that could include: .NET applications, SharePoint Online, MS SQL Server, PowerShell, and Python. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the solutions they are involved in and have the desire for knowledge sharing.
- Provide specialized technical application support for business functions and their stakeholders.
- Assist staff in the design and development of applications and reports.
- Support and maintain internally developed applications and scripts, ensuring that all solutions adhere to the current IT development, security and environment standards.
- Participate in teams as a technical lead representing I.T. working with other OPTrust resources.
- Provide application administration and support for COTS systems and tools.
- Provide support for integrated application ecosystems.
- Assist in solutions integrations to other system.
- Understanding provided business and/or functional requirements and translating them technical requirements.
- Design, test, and implement technical solutions to solve business challenges.
- Ensure that the OPTrust IT development lifecycle and other IT related standards are adhered to.
- Provide gap and impact analysis on new initiatives with a focus on system interdependencies and integration.
- Develop documentation and guidelines as required to document implemented solutions.
- Design, update, and maintain a collaborative solutions-based framework of websites and portals in a Microsoft SharePoint environment that support business processes and workflows.
- Maintain standards for visual appearance, content retention, permissions, and issue resolution in SharePoint.
- Participate in solution design and peer code review.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated advanced expertise in data process and manipulation and data pipelines.
- Strong programming background in languages such C#, VB.NET, PowerShell, Python, Java, T-SQL.
- Strong understanding of MVC and RESTful API.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online administration and support.
- Advanced ability to produce scripts for repeatable business processes.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of pension, finance and investment processes would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and Git would be an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask complex requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong change management orientation including experience with promotion procedures.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at email@example.com by April 25, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.