OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Vice President, Human Resources
Reporting into the Chief Pension Officer and Senior Vice President of Human Resources, this role is responsible for the development and implementation of the OPTrust people strategy as well as functional and strategic leadership to the organization on all matters relating to people. While leading a team of 13 Human Resources practitioners, this position is responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources function including Labour and Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition and closely partnering with our business lines to ensure we support success.
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies and programs and ensure alignment to corporate business plans
- Provide leadership to the HR team on all aspects of HR including Labour and Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Acquisition and more including managing 4 direct reports
- Leverage human capital best practices where possible on all aspects of HR function
- Responsible for working with senior business leaders on budget and resource planning for their teams as well as the HR team
- Maintain a strong level of business acumen in order to align HR strategies, policies and programs to ensure success
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to help drive and influence adoption to new and existing programs, culture initiatives and other change management exercises
- Build a strong data driven environment, both within HR team and the organization, where we measure what we do and leverage this data to make sound decisions on programs, policies and practices going forward
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Masters degree in related discipline would be considered an asset
- 15 years related HR experience plus a minimum of 5 years in a senior HR leadership capacity
- CHRE, CHRL or any other relevant HR accreditation is required
- Experience working in Unionized environment
- Experience in Financial Services is an asset
- Experience leading HR teams with multiple disciplines is an asset
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, communication and presentation skills necessary as is the ability to influence all levels of the organization to make sound and defensible people related business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with Union partners, to support organizational interests and successfully navigate through employee issues successfully
- Experience leading collective bargaining is highly preferred
- Experience leading an HR team including Labour and Employee Relations and Total Rewards (Compensation and Benefits)
- Demonstrated success in leading, enabling and inspiring a team to be high performing and client focused all while ensuring a supportive, healthy and respectful workplace with strong team cohesion and productivity
- Superior judgement, problem solving skills and strategic thinking is required
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for process and system improvements as well as the ability to lead concepts/ideas through to effective implementation
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.