Welcome to OPTrust’s online Employer Manual. This manual reflects our commitment to providing timely and efficient service – both to participating employers and, together with them, to our over 100,000 members and retirees.
OPTrust follows a member-focused service model. As part of this approach, we have reduced the demands placed on employers for administering various aspects of the OPSEU Pension Plan. At the same time, we have assumed the primary and direct responsibility for the processing and verification of individual pension transactions. As a result, for many transaction types, the employer’s role has changed to initiating the transaction and providing any employment-related data and/or documentation that may be required. In other cases, members are able to deal directly with OPTrust to initiate and complete certain transactions. This model allows OPTrust to provide prompt, efficient and consistent service to all plan members and employers.
A Practical Tool for Employers
The Employer Manual has been developed to provide employers that participate in the OPSEU Pension Plan – and their human resources, benefits and payroll staff – with the information and resources they need to fulfill their roles in administering the Plan. In the manual, employers will find:
- an overview of the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust’s administrative policies and procedures
- descriptions of the employer’s responsibilities for administering each pension transaction, as well as the responsibilities of OPTrust as Plan administrator
- practical information about specific pension transactions, presented in an easy-to-use format
- concise, up-to-date procedures and guidelines on each major transaction type
- forms, checklists and other tools that employers need to initiate each pension transaction.